The Windsor and Bute families were two large industrial families. The Marquis of Bute was famous for developing Cardiff Docks and many other pivotal developments in the area. The Windsors invested similarly, but seemed to suffer from an unfortunate curse. Nearly every man born into the family seemed to die off at a young age.
Q&A Video Series with Ray Noyes
In this Q&A video series with Ray Noyes, we find out about his background as an engineer working in physics research and how this helps him now he is a history author. We also learn about his top tips for other aspiring local historians and of his most highly prized discoveries.
- What Are the 3 Most Interesting Things You Have Found in Your History Research?
- Tell Us About Your Time at CERN
- How Did You Become so Heavily Involved in Grangetown’s History?
- How Does Your Physics Background Help You Write History?
- What Are Grangetown History Society’s Greatest Achievements?
- What Are the Three Most Interesting Things You Found in Your Physics Research?
- How Did Urban Development Become a Set Text at Cardiff University
- Do You Have Two Top Tips for Aspiring Local History Writers?
- Who Were the Windsor and Bute Families?
- What Was the Single Most Important Moment in Grangetown’s History?