‘Hotel Argo’ is the last story in The Tall Owl collection. Colum wanted to play around with the trope of teenage kids going somewhere abandoned, and finding terrible things start to happen. When he started writing this, Colum had just come back from Corfu, where he saw lots of abandoned hotels, hence the idea for the piece. This tale follows a school geology trip, where a mess up in the bookings means the group has to go to an out-of-the-way hotel, as the cliché goes. The accompanying artwork is disturbing, but somehow still beautiful.
The Tall Owl Q&A Video Series with Colum Sanson-Regan
In this Q&A video series with Colum Sanson-Regan, we discover more about his book, The Tall Owl and Other Stories. As the name suggests, this is a collection of short stories. As part of this, we get to take a look at the fantastic accompanying artwork.
- Lockdown 1.0 Launch Was a ‘Tall’ Order
- Captivating Stories, Beautiful Art: A Match Made in Heaven
- ‘You only come in here if you live here’ | The Tall Owl
- ‘We do need the final shot’ | Cut, The Tall Owl
- ‘Welcome to Hotel Argo’ | The Tall Owl
- ‘She heard the giant’s growl outside’ | Born in a Fire, The Tall Owl (coming soon)
- The Tall Owl – the Launch Reboot (coming soon)
Buy The Tall Owl in ebook and print formats from your preferred retailer: geni.us/tall-owl-book