‘Cut’ is another piece Colum chose to feature from The Tall Owl and Other Stories. It’s one of the shortest pieces in the book, and takes the unique form of a working diary from a film set. This means the work contains technical information about the type of shot required and planning details. Look at the dark, psychological artwork, produced in charcoal, as you listen to the extract.
The artist’s name is Alun Morgan.
The Tall Owl Q&A Video Series with Colum Sanson-Regan
In this Q&A video series with Colum Sanson-Regan, we discover more about his book, The Tall Owl and Other Stories. As the name suggests, this is a collection of short stories. As part of this, we get to take a look at the fantastic accompanying artwork.
- Lockdown 1.0 Launch Was a ‘Tall’ Order
- Captivating Stories, Beautiful Art: A Match Made in Heaven
- ‘You only come in here if you live here’ | The Tall Owl
- ‘We do need the final shot’ | Cut, The Tall Owl
- ‘Welcome to Hotel Argo’ | The Tall Owl (coming soon)
- ‘She heard the giant’s growl outside’ | Born in a Fire, The Tall Owl (coming soon)
- The Tall Owl – the Launch Reboot (coming soon)
Buy The Tall Owl in ebook and print formats from your preferred retailer: geni.us/tall-owl-book