‘Born in a Fire’ has a compelling narrative. As such, Colum knew by the end of the first day on which he was writing it that there would be a collection of stories, and that this would be the first in the collection. In the story, an explosion at a roadside café forces a mother working there into labour. This leaves both her and her child with life-long injuries, and ‘Born in a Fire’ explores how they navigate the resultant challenges. As might be expected, the artwork that goes with this story is quite infernal.
The Tall Owl Q&A Video Series with Colum Sanson-Regan
In this Q&A video series with Colum Sanson-Regan, we discover more about his book, The Tall Owl and Other Stories. As the name suggests, this is a collection of short stories. As part of this, we get to take a look at the fantastic accompanying artwork.
- Lockdown 1.0 Launch Was a ‘Tall’ Order
- Captivating Stories, Beautiful Art: A Match Made in Heaven
- ‘You only come in here if you live here’ | The Tall Owl
- ‘We do need the final shot’ | Cut, The Tall Owl
- ‘Welcome to Hotel Argo’ | The Tall Owl
- ‘She heard the giant’s growl outside’ | Born in a Fire, The Tall Owl
- The Tall Owl – the Launch Reboot (coming soon)
Buy The Tall Owl in ebook and print formats from your preferred retailer: geni.us/tall-owl-book