Ray’s book, Workhouse, is radically different from others on this topic. While he delves into the conditions of the workhouse, like many other books, he also links this to the Industrial Revolution and explores who the residents of Britain’s workhouses were. Why is it that industrialisation necessitates a class of human beings abandoned to abject poverty?
Workhouse Video Series with Ray Noyes
In this Q&A video series with Ray Noyes, we find out about his upcoming book, Workhouse, and the terrible truths he discovered while researching for it. What were the workhouses? Who lived in them? What were the harsh realities that awaited within? This is a true story about social injustice in Britain.
- 4 Differences Between Workhouses and Poorhouses
- Yes, the Workhouse Really Was as You Imagine
- The Shocking Truth About the Rich’s Attitude to the Poor
- Babies Stripped from Their Mothers at Birth!
- Finally, a Book Exploring the Social Causes of Workhouses
- Workhouse, by Ray Noyes | Ebook Publication Day (coming soon)