SUBMITTING YOUR MANUSCRIPT
If you browse our site you’ll get a feel for the genres we like to publish, but that’s not the whole story. While we would like to publish more in the genres we currently sell, we are not closed to other genres too. Nothing ventured, as they say.
We are looking for:
- Interesting stories and perspectives.
- Authors who are prepared to take an active role in promoting themselves and their work.
- To add to the creative process to make the best possible book.
- Originality even in the most tried and tested genres.
- Giving new authors their first break in publishing and…
- …working with existing authors.
- Confident, but not delusional, authors.
- Writers who want to write more than one book. We like series, and we like working with authors who have plans for more books.
- Authors who can bring more than one title (whether previously released or not).
We are not looking for:
- Re-hashed work with no originality.
- Poor writing style.
- Poorly presented work that shows no sense of pride.
Surprise us, dazzle us, sell us your work, but don’t go over the top – temper the language of your submission to demonstrate that you understand who will love your book, who will get the most from it, and how we can reach that audience together.
These guidelines save time and effort at both your end and ours – please read carefully.
- We prefer a MS Word doc / docx format.
- Although we can handle other file types they can cause issues with formatting that can be time-consuming to deal with.
- Make sure your name, email, and the title of the book are on the first page.
- Submit the whole work in a single document, including: chapters in the correct order; optional content (see next point, below); and images placed in proximity to the text they refer to.
- If you want to include the following, please do so at the outset; Introduction, Foreword, Acknowedgements, Credits, Dedication, or other similar content.
- Images should also be separately supplied in high resolution (minimum: 300dpi at 240mm shortest side, in CMYK). (If that doesn’t make sense, don’t worry at this stage, we can help.)
- DO NOT include a Table of Contents – we will generate it, and we will delete whatever is there anyway.
- Use Page Breaks to put content on a new page, NOT blank lines.
- DO NOT use Tabs.
- DO NOT put anything in headers or footers. We strip that out as part of setting the file up.
- If you spend lots of time on typesetting, it will be wasted – remember that your book will not be A4/US Letter size, Times or Arial, 12-14pt, at 1.5-2 line spacing. So the pagination / formatting you spend time on is a lost cause. Typesetting is what we do, we aren’t expecting you to submit a typeset manuscript.
- Please do include Copyright Acknowledgements for any work in the book that isn’t yours (e.g. photos / diagrams / illustrations / citations / etc).